SHO 2: June 19, 2013
- Blame It On The Bellboy
- Chaos ensues when a bumbling bellboy mixes up the reservations of a real estate executive, a mob hit man and a married wannabe playboy at a deluxe Venice hotel. Dudley Moore, Bronson Pinchot and Patsy Kensit star in this ensemble comedy.
- The Song Spinner
- In an isolated, snow-covered country known as the Water Land, the town of Shandrilan remains the quietest place in the world because its "Hush Law" prohibits noise of any kind, including music. Enter the exiled gypsy Zantalalia (Patti LuPone), who returns determined to pass her singing secrets on to ten-year-old Aurora (Meredith Henderson), an action that will get the girl in trouble with Captain Nizzle of the dreaded Noise Police. John Neville completes the cast of this colorful family fantasy.
- Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs Evil
- Delightful animated sequel that finds Little Red Riding Hood taking a sabbatical from her training with the mysterious Sisters of the Hood to team up with the Big Bad Wolf and find the missing Hansel and Gretel. Hayden Panetierre, Bill Hader and Glenn Close provide the voices for this fractured fairy tale.
- Liberal Arts
- Bookish and newly single Jesse Fisher (Josh Radnor) returns to his alma mater for his favorite professor's retirement dinner. A chance meeting with Zibby (Elizabeth Olsen) - a precocious classical music-loving sophomore - awakens in him long-dormant feelings of possibility and connection in this coming of age romantic drama.
- As a planet called Melancholia heads directly towards Earth, threatening the end of the world, Justine (Kirsten Dunst) and Michael (Alexander Skarsgard) celebrate their marriage at a sumptuous party at the home of her sister Claire (Charlotte Gainsbourg) and brother-in-law John (Kiefer Sutherland). Despite Claire's best efforts, the wedding is a fiasco, with family tensions mounting and relationships fraying. From director Lars von Trier.
- Reindeer Games
- Director John Frankenheimer ("The Manchurian Candidate") helms this crime thriller about ex-con Rudy Duncan (Ben Affleck), who regrets using his dead cellmate's name and ID to meet a pretty girl (Charlize Theron) when her thug brother (Gary Sinise) shows up with a band of toughs determined to use Rudy's "knowledge" of a casino to pull a heist. The problem: Rudy's not who everyone thinks he is, so he knows nothing about the casino. Dennis Farina, James Frain and Donal Logue costar.
- The Big Lebowski
- Jeff Bridges delivers the performance of his career as Jeffrey "The Dude" Lebowski, a perpetually stoned, Creedence Clearwater Revival-worshipping bowler who's mistaken for a wealthy power broker with the same name by German nihilist kidnappers. It just gets stranger from there in this film noir satire from directors Joel and Ethan Coen ("Fargo") that is a loose comic interpretation of Raymond Chandler's classic detective novel "The Big Sleep." John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi and John Turturro costar in this offbeat cult favorite.
- A surprise box office smash, this grisly horror tale terrified audiences with its story of two men (Cary Elwes and Leigh Whannell) who awaken imprisoned in the lair of a serial killer nicknamed Jigsaw, who plays vicious mind-games with his victims until he can manipulate them into killing each other. Meanwhile, a pair of desperate detectives (Danny Glover and Ken Leung) try to find the kidnapper before he can carve up his next pair of victims.
- Amanda Seyfried ('Red Riding Hood') stars in this intense thriller about a desperate young woman who, after being ignored by the police, is forced to go on the hunt alone for a maniacal serial killer whom she believes has kidnapped her younger sister.
- In this continuation of the short lived sci-fi series 'Firefly,' the renegade crew of Serenity agrees to hide a female fugitive on their ship. They soon find themselves in a battle between the relentless military might of a totalitarian regime who will destroy anything - or anyone - to get the girl back and the bloodthirsty creatures who roam the uncharted areas of space. But, the greatest danger of all may be on their ship. Directed by Joss Whedon and starring Nathan Fillion.
- Fear Island
- After a rocking party at a secluded cabin on an island, five friends discover a dead body and the only transportation missing, leaving them to piece together a mysterious killer's clues to the island's secret past before they fall prey to his lethal cunning. Aaron Ashmore, Haylie Duff and Lucy Hale star in this horror thriller.
- Shadows & Lies
- A mysterious, low-level gangster (James Franco) falls for a New York mobster's favorite call girl, forcing him to flee and save his own life. Four years later, however, he returns, intent upon rescuing the woman he loves from the clutches of organized crime. Josh Lucas and Julianne Nicholson costar in this crime drama.
- Standing in the Shadows of Motown
- This acclaimed documentary charts the not-so-secret history of the Funk Brothers, an ensemble culled from the best of Detroit's jazz and blues scene by producer Berry Gordy in 1959 to back up the singers of his then-fledgling Motown label. Though largely forgotten in later years, theirs was a 14-year run of legendary songs unrivaled in the annals of popular music, creating more number-one hits than the Beatles, the Beach Boys, the Rolling Stones and Elvis Presley combined. A treasure trove of the era's best sounds.
Visit the Movies page for quotes, trivia and an A-Z listing of all titles.
These Dexter kill "Trophy" inspired coasters come displayed in a beautifully-crafted wooden box. Available only at the Showtime Store.
Get the exclusive Dexter Syringe Pen and more at the official Showtime Store!
Grab the exclusive Limited Edition Dexter Blood Side Mug designed by the award-winning artist Ty Mattson and more!